View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 10:34 AM   #17 (permalink)
brado
Base Member

Drives: 09 touring w/ sport
brado is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
See I went from a 46k G37s sport with all options. Intell cruise, nav, moonroof etc... I sold it to pay some medical bills. I opted to sell a car than pull 35k out the bank. I could've went and bought the G37ipl with that sick azz color which is a Real Black Cherry, unlike the garbage version on the Z. But I chose the base sport 7at to mod and challenge myself and the tech guys that will be helping me to make a great, fast and reliable FI 7at that kicks *** on the track.
Between the stillen valve body, GTM torque converter and the 7at's variable sport modes and infinite gear ratios. I believe the automatic Zed can be a benchmark performer in spite its transmission being non-dct. Operationally, the cvtcs is just as good if not better due to the gear ratio advantage. What sux is torque converter drone. But performance over sound.

I chose a lightly used one that I carefully picked in order to save extra money and apply more mods. With 4.800 miles and it being a year one car. I took that instead. I noticed the year one cars are the ones that hit the mid-high 4's to 60, while other years do more low 5's. It seems the originals are less bogged down and more brisk. I guess all those tsb's on the 10 and 11 models slowed the car down. The one I purchased has no ecu drone so I got lucky.

So now I'm in the process of ordering my first 4 mods. I'm really excited.
i have an 09 what is the ecu drone?
brado is offline   Reply With Quote