View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 08:52 AM   #70 (permalink)
Cell
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: A Garbage Truck
Cell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond reputeCell has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by billet370 View Post
fyi: Your nismo brother brought up the penis.... and used my signature to his imagination. I think i just described "jacking-off" OMG.. DUDE... GROSS....

Okay so back on topic.. Its not the Nismo sucks, I truly believe the reason why there even is negativity "well the number one reason" is value of the price tag. Either more car for the price or less price for the car. I dont see the advantage to an extra 10grand PLUS for it. Here’s a good example. I am an automotive car dealer on the side and flip a few cars for profit. I can go and purchase a 2002-2003 Ferrari 360 Spider for 50-65 grand right now...that’s 10-15k more than a nismo and i don’t care about the argument people make about "its a 2002 not a 2011" point being, a lot of people do not daily drive there nismo because of wear and tear, but same with this example using the Ferrari... They have 5k-21k regarding miles.

Another example... 2009 Nissan GTR $52,000-$65,000... Miles 3K-33k....

I would say another 10 grand and move up big time... But that's simply the reason why I do not select Nismo as the better car because of its price factor. FYI they are going for $26,000-$30,000 for a 2009 370z nismo. Miles from 6k-18k... NON NISMO SAME YEAR going for 25k-28k.

So after two years, nismo new was 10k plus over base NEW and now they are only couple thousand. DEPRECIATE RATE IS MORE THAN BASE 370z thus the collector value is the same gimmick that the sales person used on you when you bought the car and showed you the cool metal stamp with a number on it that cost .50 cents to make.
Most nismo owners bought their nismo for about 5-7k more over a base/sport... I paid about 6k more over a base+sport but I also got all the options except for the 500 dollar brake option. This has been debated many times over already and you will see that 99% of nismo owners bought the car for the body and rims. Those two alone are worth it considering if you went aftermarket, it would cost well over 8k just for something decent. Then factor in installation cost/paint/down time.

Last edited by Cell; 05-14-2011 at 08:57 AM.
Cell is offline   Reply With Quote