View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 08:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Fatalsports
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z Roadster
Fatalsports is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Fatalsports
Default Fatalsports Journal - 2010 370Z Roadster

This is my journal to document the progress/mods of my 2010 MB 370Z Roadster.

It all started off in April 2011, the wife and I went to Criswell Nissan to look at a new Maxima for our family. We have a 2 year old daughter and we wanted to get a bigger 4 door car that could fit 2 car seats easily if we happened to have another baby. We found exactly what we wanted...a 2011 SV Premium Nissan Maxima - Navy Blue Metallic w/CVT & Nav.

While at the dealership, I couldn't stop staring at the 370Zs! Though I kept thinking to myself that it just wasn't practical to have a 2 seater when we have a 2 year old. A week or so passed by, but I still couldn't get the car out of my thoughts. Wife and I talked it over and she was 100% supportive and didn't mind it being a 2 seater. She said, "We have the Maxima when we all need to go out, the 370 can be your fun car you drive to work." I was excited! and on April 26, 2011, I purchased a 2010 370Z Roadster 6MT in Magnetic Black. It is the base model...I didn't really care for the power seats, heated seats, etc as I was the only one who would mainly be driving the car. Plus, I had plans to do some modding anyways to get it how I wanted.

The car came with a few options: Mats, Spare tire, etc
Pics from the day I bought it at the dealership:

Current Mods:
Pioneer AVIC 930BT DVD/Nav Head Unit
Polk Component Speakers in the front
Shorty Antenna
Illuminated Z Kick Plates
Nismo Titanium Shift Knob
GTR Push Start
Clazio Leather Seat Covers (Black w/Red Stitching)
Redlinegoods Shifter Boot (Black w/Red Stitching)
Dyed remaining car stitching to Red to match
aFe Intake Filters
20% Window Tint

On Order/Waiting to do:
HPS Intake Hoses
TWM Short Shifter
FI Exhaust w/CF Mufflers
Avant Garde M310 Wheels w/Hankook Tires

I did all of the installs myself, the DIYs on the site are great and easy to follow, but don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions!

Pics:
Coming shortly

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update - 5/14/11

My Redlinegoods Black w/Red Stitching boot came in...so I decided to let the professional Dye the rest of the interior stitching.

Went to Michaels and got the Marvy Uchida Red Fabric Dye Pen. The Red Dye Pen doesn't exactly match - it's much darker, but oh well.

The professional, aka the wife, doing her work...Like the camera angle? , no dirty message...she reads this too :

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update - 5/20/11

Ordered a set of Avant Garde M310 wheels in Hypersilver with Hankook V12 Tires. Should be here next week!

Last edited by Fatalsports; 08-29-2011 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Updated thread
Fatalsports is offline   Reply With Quote