View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 08:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
spryor
Base Member

Drives: 2010 Nissan Versa
spryor is on a distinguished road

Hi tjlazer,

Don't tell me that this will be an all day job, installing two NISMO side skirts?

Thank you,

spryor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjlazer View Post
Just some notes on the install of the side skirts.

They are pain in the a$$! The problem is you cannot slide the side skirt towards the front of the car as the installation manual suggests to unclip them from the clips on the car. You have to force them off the clips, and those clips are on TIGHT! You can probably use an interior door panel tool to try and pop them off but the fit is so tight it would be almost impossible. If you are careful you can pop them off without breaking the clips, but you risk damaging your OEM skide skirts. The mounting points where the clips attach will get torn and stretched off and even broken, but if they are damaged already you might not care... (I tore off a few of the mouting points on the underside of my side skirts. Might be able to glue them back on...)

Once the side skirts are off you must then remove all the clips from the car. You cannot simply slide the side skirt back on the car as the installation manual suggests! Removing the clips is a major pain and you will need a special tool. You can pop them off without damage and reuse them if you are careful.

Once all the clips are off you reinsert them onto the new side skirts and you just align the side skirts in place and then pop them on.
spryor is offline   Reply With Quote