View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 05:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Masa
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Family Cars
Masa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond reputeMasa has a reputation beyond repute
Default So someone tried to steal my rear emblem...

So I was visiting a friend for a couple hours in D.C. and when I came out to leave I noticed my rear Nissan badge was lopsided. Upon closer inspection it seemed like some @#$@! tried to pry it off but was unsuccessful. The perps did leave the inner part where it is color matched to the body scuffed up all to hell though. Granted things could have ended up much worse but still - people should respect others property. And who the hell steals car badges nowadays?

Needless to say I was quite heated. Rather than leave my leave my car at the body shop to get it resprayed and having to pay the insurance deductible I went ahead and decided to black out the inner part w/ flat black paint. So after a bit of shaving the nubs down + sanding with 600 -> 1500 -> 2000 grit paper ~ I am quite happy with the results - also went ahead and debadged the 370Z on the side as well.

Anyway, cool story bro. Enjoy pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0351.JPG (223.6 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0352.JPG (347.0 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0353.JPG (207.9 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0354.JPG (236.4 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0355.JPG (186.2 KB, 62 views)