View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 10:27 AM   #2901 (permalink)
Red370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: your mom to church
Red370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond reputeRed370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phelan View Post
you haven't missed it. man u plays barca @ wembley i believe on may 28th.

Karim Benzema for Arsenal? Sorry Gunners Fans, Not This Summer - FanHouse UK

^ i agree with this though red, what system would we deploy to put benzema on the pitch? i don't see wenger moving away from his tweaked 4-3-3 formation anytime soon, and even with all three of our strikers out against stoke, we never once went 4-4-2 and bombed away into the penalty box. it's not in our blood.

the only way i can see RvP and benzema on the pitch is if
1) we do adopt the 4-4-2, with van Persie behind benzema to act as an AM/CF, and benzema as an out and out ST.
2) we lost fabregas, drop van persie into a 'classic' 10 role, keep the 4-3-3 with nasri and walcott still on the wings, benzema becomes a target man.

...either way, it doesn't feel right.
I didnt read about that online, i've got good intel from local English newspapers according to my friend Laura, who actually has an apartment in the Ashburton area, lucky ass.

Not sure how we'll add him to the system, but i'm all for letting RvP settle into a more midfield position, in fabs old spot. He's an amazing creator and distributer of the ball, he also holds possession well, all depends if he feels like leaving his old spot up top, which I dont think he will.

I'm thinking a 4-4-2 with a diamond midfield would suit us well, something like this:

-----0-----
-----------
-0--0-0--0-
-----0-----
-0-------0-
-----0-----
-----------
-----0-----
-----0-----

RvP as a creative forward and Benzema as the target man, I mean, we've got all summer to try new things out, friendlies n such, so i'm not worried.