View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 09:16 AM   #45 (permalink)
Jeffblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z32TT & 335xi Coupe
Jeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond reputeJeffblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpathfinder View Post
It's gonna be something else when you're done...headaches and frustration now, but likely much better than you originally thought in the end!
Yea i'm so excited! There have been more headaches than i mentioned in this thread. (like the shipper taking my car off the truck, joyriding it for 50 miles (took before and after pics of odometer), blowing up the motor (Which was getting replaced anyway), ripping my jspec bumper and cracking my rear 3rd brake light lense. but anyways i am very excited for it to be finished!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGItonium View Post
Beautiful car! My car has been down for a month since the accident mainly due to waiting for headlights to come back from getting modded. So I've been driving my dad's '90 Z32-TT. The engine has been swapped twice. The first one was a great engine, but was destroyed from running without any oil (mechanic fail at the dealer). The hardware is stock other than the exhaust and basic JWT flash and intake.

Do you notice the difference with the throttle response? Man, the car really moves when you give it gas. That's something I miss in the 370Z, and will hopefully resolve it with a TT kit and tune.
the throttle response is definitely quicker than the 370z, which makes sense because its an actual cable instead of drive by wire. This car had a lightweight flywheel when i got it (i'm going back to OEM for this build though because apparently a very light flywheel isn't good for Turbo, causes the boost to drop more between shifts) and shifting was very different. There wasn't that 'hang' that the 370z has in between shifts.

But yea its amazing what these cars can get with just an intake and a tune. I would have been happy with just that, but obviously, given the circumstances i had to make a choice between selling the car and doing a huge build'

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
Is it finished yet? I'm looking forward to driving it back from FL with you this summer... gonna be a blast!
ETA is beginning-middle of June. Yea that drive is gonna be awesome!
Jeffblue is offline   Reply With Quote