View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 08:34 PM   #141 (permalink)
Blue370tt
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Nissan Juke
Blue370tt will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
I love the 7AT, it's a great transmission for a mixed-use car, I just think you're taking it a little too far in claiming it's superior in every way to the 6MT. It clearly isn't.
A few things:
1. Your car is not my car and I have no shift delay in M or D mode.
2. In stock form, with non pro drivers, the 7AT has proven to be faster.
(How can that be if....as you say.....ITS HEAVIER.....SHIFTS SLOWER....
and.....IS NOT AS EFFICIENT?????)
3. You cant imply/expect every 7AT car and driving experience to be the same as your car. I dont think I have the fastest 370....BUT....if you were to ride in MY CAR.....your opinion on the 7AT would change.
4. Z1 Motorsports has done several 370 GTM TT installs (including a Nismo). Mine was the first 370 they did and they EXPECTED the 6MT to be more stout when they finally TT'd one. To their surprise IT WASNT. According to John @ Z1: All things being = (boost, mods etc..) my car was faster/stronger. NOT MY WORDS....JOHNS.
5. You seem to only be able to see things from your cars point of view.....No where on this forum have I heard anyone else talk about a shift lag on their 7AT in M or D mode. Based on this, I think you need a tranny tune or that the issue is individual to your car.
6. If you need more information about the Osiris tranny tune you should call John @ Z1 motorsports for the details on how its done. He was the one who did my tranny tune.
7. This topic (tranny tuning) has been heavily discussed on this forum for many months/a year. Originally, it was passionately discussed because 1 person on this forum (Shumby) blew his tranny up when he added an SC to his 7AT 370. Because of this perceived possible issue, we were all (FI people) trying to do what we could to potentially prevent this. So again, while its new to you, this is about my 20th discussion on this.
8. Lastly, if you feel your tranny is inferior then go buy a 6MT. I dont and I am done with this conversation.
Blue370tt is offline   Reply With Quote