Thread: Cobb vs UpRev
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 03:16 PM   #82 (permalink)
NIZMOZ
Track Member

Drives: 07 NISMO 350Z SA M6
NIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond reputeNIZMOZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
I'm not following the part about the Dyno Tune. How can you say that dyno tune time is only $150? Doesn't that depend on his tuner? And it sounds to me like his tuner already told him that he charges $400 for the dyno tune. In any case, why would he purchase Cipher/Osiris and then pay for a dyno tune on top of that? I thought the whole selling point of Osiris was that you can use their eTune service in lieu of a full-blown dyno tune and save some money that way. i.e., it's one or the other, not both. (?)
That is what I was quoted from UPREV for dyno time to tune the car. So I just quoted it that way.

You have to pay for the amount of time you are on the dyno. Any tuning software is like this. They can sell you the software but they won't let you use the dyno for free. You still have to tune your car on the dyno. So without that you are SOL.

If you don't want a custom tune to your car, to your mods, then yes you can do the E-Tune service. But that is not available yet even on the HR engine as they don't have enough cars and mods in their system to do this yet to know what to adjust for power gains. So expect a long wait on that.
SOLD: 2007 NISMO 350Z #0044 Silver Alloy
New DD: 2010 Titan Pro4X CC
NIZMOZ is offline   Reply With Quote