View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 02:41 PM   #66 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Fitment View Post
we're going to try and make it as install friendly as possible

we're hoping to make it
possibly a cover piece that goes over the fang
possibly a duct that is attached from the rear
possibly a duct that fits into the actual fang itself

let us know if you guys have any ideas or preferences of how you'd like it to fit

we plan on developing the harness bar before we go into the brake ducts
Mounting to the back of the fang will be the easiest. Something like this one from Summit racing can be used as a starting point. As I recall there are a couple of screw holes already for the dummy plates, and as long as the part was black you wouldn't see it at all.

The space between the caliper and the hub is fairly tight, making something that can use this space to the max and still let you turn the wheel will be a bit of a challenge. Hanging off at the caliper attachment points is the way to go.

Unless someone will sell me a kit soon I'm seriously considering contracting a local metal shop to make the parts for me.