View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 01:27 AM   #13 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Crow View Post
Every Red car I have had over the years has faded after awhile. I wax, keep em clean and even payed the big bucks at the dealer one time for the "paint protection"
Question is how does the red paint on the z's hold up, yes it will be in Garage 90% of the time but just wondering before I pull the trigger on my dream car.
I have a neighbor with a red 370Z. I only see the car once every couple of weeks and I don't know where she keeps it other than that. The paint, however, looks very good.

In general, red just sucks unless it's garaged. If you garage the car, it should be fine. If not, I would pass.

Whatever you do, I recommend you find a good installer and put some Ventureshield Ultra or Avery Nanofusion on it.

On my corvette, I use Rejex, and it is VERY good. Lasts for months, and road-tar comes off with VERY little effort. Normally just spraying it with the car-wash washer gets it off. (I hand-wash with microfiber, but the sprayer there is convenient to use)
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote