View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 06:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
cossie1600
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370, Leaf
cossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashburn View Post
You can order them from Z1, they are a sponsor here.

cossie, do you consider Star Spec's to be street tires? I didn't have any complaints from using the XP10/XP8 combo.
It's going to be track/surface dependent. Ice mode isn't a problem at smooth track with high grip pavement. As soon as I hit bumps or go into low grip surface, that's when ice mode starts to act up. I used to think modulation would cure the problem, but I have seen the car go into ice mode during mid braking. Rather than taking the chance, why go with super aggressive brake pads when he is not running for times? I just don't think it is worth it. I am ordering brakes in a few weeks, it's going to be the XP8

I love the star specs. I believe their ultimate grip is a little less than the RE11, but they feel better.

Once I am done working on the house, I will play with pad combo to see what would be ideal to use for the track users. I guess you can disable the brakes like some of the guys had mentioned, but I want that to be the last thing I do.

Last edited by cossie1600; 05-11-2011 at 06:43 PM.
cossie1600 is offline   Reply With Quote