View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 05:29 PM   #50 (permalink)
tjlazer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z34, R35
tjlazer is just really nicetjlazer is just really nicetjlazer is just really nicetjlazer is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to tjlazer Send a message via MSN to tjlazer Send a message via Yahoo to tjlazer

Well the body shop messed up. They originally painted the whole front bumper blue. I had told them to paint the grill area black but they forgot. They tried to play it off. When I mentioned it to them they were like "Oh yeah we are going to paint that black, we are not done." I said won't that cause an issue with rock chips? They said Nope. Well my better judgement said otherwise. Well I was right. After 3 weeks I was starting to see lots of little "blue" rock chips! Not good! I was like WTF! What's it going to look like in 6 months? Went back and they said "Sorry, we can't avoid that from the rock chips". They were willing to repaint it, biut all that would do is prolong the apparenly quick return of rock chips. I just let it go. Not worth arguing over it and dealing with this BS. I will simply rattle can some Matt black High Temp engine spray paint and see if that holds up ok. Or I might try PlastiDip or black Vinyl. We shall see. Just waiting for the damn rain to stop already! Gotta love Seattle.