View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 03:39 PM   #66 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleLion View Post
Aside from the dyno itself, isn't whp affected by the tires? The tires have to transmit the energy to the dyno, so if the tires have a super high coeficient of friction, then the dyno will read higher whp than from a tire that is less slippery. Some of the bhp is lost as heat as the tires flex and slip.
That's exacly why you have to have vehicle specific baseline readings. There are too many variables to do an dead-on accurate gains between two cars. The equation I posted are just approximations based on available data. We don't know for sure, for example, if the 350bhp is an accurate baseline @ the crank. Basically, we need at least three known values specific to the vehicle in question. For arguement sake, those values give you a rough idea.
....my brain hurts know.
Also, I think I just added to the stereotype about Asians being good at math.

Last edited by Cmike2780; 05-11-2011 at 03:46 PM.