View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 02:32 PM   #179 (permalink)
HKYStormFront
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 Frontier SE 6spd
HKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond reputeHKYStormFront has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to HKYStormFront

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBladeZ View Post
What are the chances of the shop mass producing the kit? Even if its a one off it looks great man, will make some serious mid to top end power for sure, 12psi seems a little high to me on stock Z internals. Damn you Nissan, you give us a great motor, high compress, but cast internals, why couldn't you have copied the S2K and given us forged internals, I'd sleep much better with boost.
dunno about the pistons but i know the rods aren't and the crank is forged. i think manufacturers put weaker rods in on purpose since if the rod is starting to go you will start hearing noises and shut down the engine before permanent damage is done. 12psi from a single turbo is what Momentum's kit pushes into a stock VQ35DE block that they consider a "safe" level. it really depends on your tuning, amount of knock, how you drive it, etc. good luck ryan! this looks awesome! can't wait to see it in person!!