View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 09:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
ResIpsa
Track Member

Drives: 09 RACING HEN
ResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashburn View Post
I know it doesn't sound appealing, but it really isn't difficult to swap pads, especially after you do it a few times. I'm slow as hell, and it only took me a little over an hour to swap my wheels and pads. You also don't NEED to swap back to stock pads, you can run with something like the Carbotech's on the street if you wanted. Lots of dust from it, but at least it gives you the option of not having to swap out the night after an event. You'd probably want to swap out still once you got the time, as well as dusty, they are pretty noisy too.

I think with what you have done plus some pads, you'll be set, at least for now. Once you get better, you'll probably see weaknesses in your car that you would like to address.
+1

I drove on CarboTech's all last summer. Really dirty and somewhat noisy but livable.