View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 07:23 AM   #164 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FricFrac View Post
So guess what I was doing tonight..... yup Swift Spring install. Springs have been sitting in my garage for the last month waiting on my H&R spacers. Take the first locking wheel nut off and it explodes. My friend who has been a mechanic for a LONG time looks at me and says he's NEVER seen one of those break. Looks like we'll have to drill the stud out and press a new one in. My issue is that these incorrect wheel nuts screw up your wheel as well. Has anyone had their wheel fixed or replaced? I'm wondering since the dealership put them on my car when I bought it then aren't the responsible for the damage from putting the wrong part on my car?
If your dealer put them on then they are responsible for removing them and repairing/replacing any wheel that is damaged in the process.

The extractor tool works well without having to resort to drilling. Still a slight chance it could scratch as there isn't a lot of clearance. Adding some tape around it might help.