Thread: Back up camera
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 06:26 AM   #40 (permalink)
Kingbaby
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: a car I know about..
Kingbaby will become famous soon enough

I've had the CMOS/CCD backup cam for quite sometime now...works like a charm. I advise however getting LED reverse lights to help brighten the area for view by the camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayl View Post
well I wanted the ability to power on the camera even when the car is not in reverse hence connecting to a constant source.. just not sure how it will detect reverse gear..
This is how I have mines setup. It doesn't turn on when in reverse I have to turn it on. I only use it to verify how much space I have left. So I park as normal but not all the way then turn it on to complete backing up.

Great for unfamiliar park jobs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svre46 View Post
Ok I understand. I just think it would make it "burn out" faster by being constantly on. Take a wire and tap it into the reverse lights then (positive) and run a lead up to the radio with that RCA you have for video. You should have a reverse trigger wire on the back of the head unit. Connect the lead you ran to the wire off the head unit.
Everones speculates about it burning out and it may very well burn out quicker being on all the time. It's not a factory piec so it's your money being spent to purschase a new one. I say don't do it, and follow whats quoted!
07 Silver Alloy Nissan 350Z Nismo #0191 "Lin'da"
2amR--------------------> VQ I.N.C. - Like us!
Quote:
I've been around the world I ain't never seen a girl like that...

Last edited by Kingbaby; 05-11-2011 at 06:34 AM.
Kingbaby is offline   Reply With Quote