View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 01:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
Will be picking up my 370z within the week, got 2 models locally I can choose from within the price I'm willing to pay:

-Base 370z but with Automatic Transmission

-Base + Sport 370z with Manual Transmission

I know the sport package is a great value with the upgraded brakes, wheels and most importantly the VLSD (don't care so much for the aero stuff). But alas, I can't drive manual very well at all...only done so once or twice in my life in an old beater Civic. I know, I know, flame on...ZOMG JOO DUN BELONG IN TEH SPORTZ CARRR!!1one!!11one!

Is it worth it to get the Base 370z and just add a diff on my own (as well as brakes down the line) or just nut up and sharpen my standard transmission abilities? The VLSD is really the most important thing to me out of the Sport package anyway...

The car won't be tracked, but driven (occasionaly spirited) on the street 4 to 5 times a week.

Just looking for some solid opinions from folks have have gone Base and Base + Sport. Thanks!
Get the manual and learn. You gotta learn some day, so why not now?