View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 12:27 AM   #163 (permalink)
FricFrac
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 300ZX 280ZX 240
FricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to FricFrac

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedworks View Post
Add me to the list. So frustrated, was in the middle of Swift springs install, and went to finish in the back, and one of them broke right off. Can seem to find any tools to get it off - been to all of the autoparts stores and sears. Supposedly Sears has a Lugout tool, but the one near me don't have them. So frustrated - attempted to drip the edges and try to get a grip, didn't work, and marked the wheel a little. Also, tomorrow, I plan to hammer a 19mm on it and see if that works. Unfortunately, the dealer I bought the car from, went out of business, so I see no help from Nissan....
So guess what I was doing tonight..... yup Swift Spring install. Springs have been sitting in my garage for the last month waiting on my H&R spacers. Take the first locking wheel nut off and it explodes. My friend who has been a mechanic for a LONG time looks at me and says he's NEVER seen one of those break. Looks like we'll have to drill the stud out and press a new one in. My issue is that these incorrect wheel nuts screw up your wheel as well. Has anyone had their wheel fixed or replaced? I'm wondering since the dealership put them on my car when I bought it then aren't the responsible for the damage from putting the wrong part on my car?

To add insult to injury it turns out the wheel spacers don't fit properly either although I was assured they would fit..... double grrr....