View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 08:06 PM   #29 (permalink)
jran76
Base Member

Drives: 09 G37S Sedan 6MT
jran76 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashburn View Post
Yeah, same here. I don't really like this dude saying basically "you guys are only acting like you got gains because you are loyal to Stillen and you spent a lot of money". The gains are PROVEN, end of story. You "feeling" like stock is better, is just that, a feeling, with no proof what-so-ever to back it up. If there was hard proof that the stock intakes were better than the G3's, I'd rip them off in a heart beat, and I bet that many others here feel the same way.
You guys are funny. No one accused you of anything. I never said there was anything wrong with the Stillen (it just happened to be what was being discussed). They make some power on a dyno... no doubt. My point is (again), you cannot accurately measure the performance of the stock air box on a dyno. There is evidence of this. I can't link the research and articles because they are on other sites (I tried and it was blocked). If you search you will find the information. Take two deep breaths, chill, and read what I wrote in my first post again.... Please. Thanks.