View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 12:40 PM   #21 (permalink)
Isamu
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: every day...
Isamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond reputeIsamu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Gomez View Post
I am a former Evo 8 owner and it is a seriously fast car! but not the best car. The interior is cheap save for the Momo steering wheel and Recaro seats. But for close to 40grand no power seats and same interior as a base lancer. Handling is very good actually more stable than my 370 and steering that is razor sharp! But the trade off to that good handling is a rough ride, you could feel a penny on the road if you drove over it. The boy racer looks got old and maintenance is very expensive and tires that only last 10k if your easy on them. Also the Mitsu warranty sucks! Doesnt take much to make it a very fast car and i miss it sometimes. But if i had i choice would pick the 370z over the Evo, the 370 is a sexy looking more classy grown up car, with way better interior and styling and almost as fast on top end. Now the Evo i had was a 2003 model not that ugly overweight mass produced version they have out now. All that being said its a good car atleast the Evo 8 version, dependable with a bullet proof engine that can handle alot of boost and abuse but its got its faults like any other car.
I was playing with the idea of an EVO 8 back in the day, it was tons of fun... I passed it up because I was deploying and didn't wanna have the car note while I was gone.. but I did use the EVO for the basis of everything I did to my 01 eclipse.. lol as far as speed, I wouldn't say it had the same top end... I find the 370z to be faster over all.. but everything else I would agree with

黒子 ('Kuroko')
Project: SuperNova Owner/Operator and Lead designer @BlackGuard Aeroworks

Last edited by Isamu; 05-10-2011 at 12:43 PM.