View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 07:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jaws12
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z
Jaws12 is on a distinguished road
Default HELP!!! So Pissed

I picked up my Z on Monday. Didn't want dealer to Detail car because it is Magnetic Black and they did anyway. So I had to detail the car today to remove the 3D swirl marks they put in the paint.

While detailing and waxing the car I noticed on the driver's door (under the mirror) what looks like tape marks in the paint under the clear coat. It appears to be 3 seperate strips that look like glue from the back of electrical tape or the protective covering from shipping the car. It is under the clear!!!

I know that nothing occured on the dealer lot, as I removed the white protective tape when I 1st test drove the car. An orbital wouldn't take it out.

Went back to the dealer and showed the Sales Manager who seemed a bit perplexed. He offered to swap the door with another Magnetic Black Z he has on the lot, but I don't know if that is a smart thing to do. I would hate to have to respay the door as the car is brand new.

Plus, the dealer prep guys put on the front license plate bracket and drilled into the bumper

What should I do????

I also noticed my 1st tiny chip on the lower front bumber by the intake cutouts.