View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 07:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
LattimerII
Base Member

Drives: 09 PG 370Z Sport Pkg
LattimerII is on a distinguished road
Default Went to dealer today. Did I do it right?

Went to one of the local dealers today to actually get inside one of these things.

Drove up on the lot and before I step out of my car a salesman is already approaching. Asked if they had any 370z's.

Salesman: Oh yeah, we have two of them. A white one over there and a red one up there on the corner.

Me (politely): I saw the red one when I pulled in, and it's a 350. I'd like to see the 370.

He points me to what appears to be a white base model with Bose but without Navi. The salesman admitted that he knew the asking price on the car but didn't know what options it had. After checking the car out thoroughly, I told him that I didn't want this particular Z but to call me if he could somehow locate what I wanted in next few months.

We made a little small talk (we know a few of the same people), then got down to business.

Told him that I don't NEED a car today, and I can wait for the 2010's if I have to. I wrote down my contact info, exactly what options and colors I wanted (including what invoice is on all that), and what I had for trade in. Wrote my bottom line price on there and told him if he could locate the above for price I had written and give me a decent trade in, he could sell me a car. Says he will have to do some research and see what he can find.

Would anyone have done any different?
LattimerII is offline   Reply With Quote