View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 12:19 PM   #19 (permalink)
dharr67
Base Member

Drives: 07 kia rio5 black 5m
dharr67 is on a distinguished road

I really really appreciate all the feedback on this thread that had a bit of a slow start. Insurance and emissions are big on my list next to cost of the actual car. That’s why I jumped on my 280z that I have since it’s a 75. Here in about 6 months I'll be a bit better off financially because this town gets really slow during summer(college town what can you expect?). So far everyone has made some good points on all three cars, the S30 is unique, the 240sx is a good cheap performer, and the 350z is the next best to the 370z, but is still in the 9-12k range for a high mileage clean title manual. I did find a 350z down in Sac-town for fewer than 5k dirty title and the front was a bit marred, but it was a 06 with 12k miles. At the moment that’s a bit out of my range and I don't have the tools here with me to do the work. I am able to do more than just change the oil on a car thankfully, I come from a long line of mechanics on all four sides of my family (parents are divorced and both remarried). I like the idea of conning my parents into buying one for me haha, but I am only starting on my 2nd year of schooling in business and management, with the possibility of minorring in accounting or financing. So I know I’ve been rambling for a bit now, but I'm starting to feel as though the 350z, even a wrecked one, is a stretch due to lack of tools, but the s30 and the 240sx are still too close to tell what to do, this one may come down to insurance and smog ability (that’s why the 300zx was not even mentioned, 200+ a month for insurance for me screw that haha).
dharr67 is offline   Reply With Quote