View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 04:07 PM   #55 (permalink)
mjohn617
Base Member

Drives: 2014 Lexus ES350UL
mjohn617 has a reputation beyond reputemjohn617 has a reputation beyond reputemjohn617 has a reputation beyond reputemjohn617 has a reputation beyond reputemjohn617 has a reputation beyond reputemjohn617 has a reputation beyond reputemjohn617 has a reputation beyond reputemjohn617 has a reputation beyond reputemjohn617 has a reputation beyond reputemjohn617 has a reputation beyond reputemjohn617 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjlazer View Post
That is the exact same thing that happened to me too! The body shop painted my whole bumper blue, then when I saw it I told them it was supposed to be black and they had to fix it. I anticipated this issue right away and I asked what were they going to do, just paint it black on top of the blue? They said yes! I was like, isn't it going to chip and show the blue under? They said no it will be fine. And then they said that was standard practice to do it this way! I was like yeah ok. Well a few weeks later I got the same thing as you! Took it back and they said sorry can't help you with the rock chips, its going to happen. They offered to redo it but that is not going to fix the problem. I said eff it I will just figure it out myself.

So now I am just going to get some black matt spray paint and paint it myself. Putting lots of coats on it. Thought about using PlastiDip spray paint too. I hear it works good for rock chips.

Now what I wonder is what color do the factory Nismo fascias have as plastic? Black or gray?
Wow, sorry to hear. If you go back a couple post's I have a picture of the paint schematic and the codes. You can cross reference them to a paint you want. Beautiful car, I'm digging the subtle Nismo accents...looks great!

Last edited by mjohn617; 05-08-2011 at 04:10 PM.
mjohn617 is offline   Reply With Quote