View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 10:42 AM   #25 (permalink)
Zat_Zuma
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 Touring auto
Zat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of lightZat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of lightZat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of lightZat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of lightZat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of light

Ditto on the highlighted parts. 84 days and counting My order was built in the first week on June, so in reality it took 49 days for Nissan to build it and now it's been 35 days awaiting delivery. None of which is the dealers fault!

Nissan needs to step up there game in Canada and treat us customers better. They could start by offering the Nismo 370Z version for sale in Canada. Nobody likes being treated as a second class consumer.

I for one, plan to complain to Nissan corporate head office on the ridiculous wait time for delivery of the new 370Z. Next time, I just may head south and get what I want in a reasonable time frame.

rant over

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
The biggest problem, besides Nissan not providing ANY information on tracking to the dealers, is waiting for the boat to fill. Being in Canada puts us at a decided disadvantage compared to our US counterparts. Again it comes down to the old ten percent situation. With Canada being only one tenth of the US market, it would take forever if we had to fill a boat with JUST Canadian orders. So we are stuck with having to wait for the boat to fill. And with the US economy in the toilet, the wait is now longer than ever.

I'm now at 80 days since I placed my order. I have confimation that the car has been built. Nissan will only provide this update to the dealer: "Built, in port". (Which translates into " the car has been built and is waiting for the boat to fill before shipping.") No VIN, no "in transit", nothing!! I feel for the dealers who have to listen to customers (such as myself) phone them week after week looking for news (any news) on our orders.

Your situation was terrible. No questions!! Nissan really dropped the ball for you and your dealer had to take the "heat" on their behalf. As others have mentioned, how hard can this be? Why can't Nissan provide any information on order staus? How hard can it be to track something as large as a vehicle? Have they not heard of modern day logistical tracking methods?

Really gets down to one thing to the customer (us).... Nissan customer service needs help!

In my case, I'll keep you posted. My dealer is put into a difficult position and I'm willing to give him time. But there will come a time when I will have had enough.

What's your experience? Maybe there are some who are employed by Nissan reading these posts. Maybe word "can" filter through...(?!)

Last edited by Zat_Zuma; 07-10-2009 at 11:25 AM.
Zat_Zuma is offline   Reply With Quote