View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 05:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
edeeZee
Track Member

Drives: 09 370z plat 6 speed
edeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond reputeedeeZee has a reputation beyond repute

The next gen RX-whatever is supposed to be a 16X or a "big block" 2-rotor Wankel. We'll see what happens when it arrives. I don't hold my breath for anything, I just take life 1 step at a time. This 16X is supposed to make close to 300hp all motor, no turbo...I think. But, if Mazda makes this thing under 3,000 lbs., then it's gonna be pretty quick.

When I was in high school, the FD3S came out my senior year. And I thought it was a joke w/ only 255hp, considering the other Japanese supercars had close to 300 or more. But, I never considered power-to-weight ratios; and when my spoiled friend, who got a brand spanking new Z32 TT, then a new FD3S, I was shocked to see that the FD3S was so quick--STOCK. He let me drive his RX7 TT a lot, very kind of him. It was the R1 model. That thing used to boogie even in 4th gear from 30mph traffic; it was the twin sequential turbos.

Ahhh....memories.
edeeZee is offline   Reply With Quote