View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 09:03 AM   #24 (permalink)
Davey
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '15 NISMO 6MT
Davey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond reputeDavey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromG2Z View Post
It better not be knock. Can't be. I noticed that slight noise from day one. It's definitely a transmission sound of some sorts. It only happens when I don't give it enough gas, as I "creep" from a stop, as I remove the clutch. If I give it enough or too much gas, the sound is not there. It sounds like a non-smooth transmission

No one else has heard this???
I think you're talking about the flywheel noise. Kind of sliding noise and then a clank. The 350Z had the same issue, it's a 2-piece flywheel, so if you let off the gas and engine brake to a low speed in 2nd and then push the clutch in it may "clank" and it will usually make the same noise if the car is cold and you granny-shift it to 2nd.

That is totally normal.
Davey is offline   Reply With Quote