View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 09:39 PM   #47 (permalink)
tbonesteak
Track Member

Drives: MY09 MB 6MT
tbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond reputetbonesteak has a reputation beyond repute

I took my maxima in for 60k mile service this weekend and spoke to a master tech at the dealer. He stated that the vhr motors' vertically rotating components of the vvel system is what was causing the harshness. Vertical as in components that rotate with the axis pointing in horizontal directions. He said that the vvel system has some imbalances to deal with at high rpms. He said it's the nature of this engine and stiffer mounts will help but only at high rpm operation. Don't know whether or not to believe him but he WAS the master tech. Hope this helps.