View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 08:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
tonmed123
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z Red M6
tonmed123 has a reputation beyond reputetonmed123 has a reputation beyond reputetonmed123 has a reputation beyond reputetonmed123 has a reputation beyond reputetonmed123 has a reputation beyond reputetonmed123 has a reputation beyond reputetonmed123 has a reputation beyond reputetonmed123 has a reputation beyond reputetonmed123 has a reputation beyond reputetonmed123 has a reputation beyond reputetonmed123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
I am in no way trying to undermine your purchase or the credibility of status elite.... however I would just like to bring a couple of things to everyone's attention. Its just something I noticed a while back...perhaps I am completely wrong, but I would like to get your opinions. Maybe I'm crazy...

Check this out... this is a picture that Lou at Amplified posted a while back..

Now..those are the Status Elite short rams.

Then immediately after, Amplified posted a picture of the JWT intakes... which I found rather peculiar at the time, why would you post a competitor's intake system when you are trying to to sell the Status Elite..

Here is the picture as posted by amplified.

Now take a look at my pics of the JWT when I tested them out...

What I'm trying to say is that there are striking similarities between the JWT design and the Status Elite design..

The main difference is that the Status Elite also replaces the corrugated part of the stock intake...now Im no welding expert...but those sure look like welds on the Status Elite's where the JWT short ram intakes would end. Seems almost like they tacked on extentions to replace the corrugated part, painted them black and rebranded as Status Elite.

There's nothing wrong with that; manufacturers do this all the time and its perfectly acceptable practice. No one has done anything wrong here and I'm not saying "oh look at these cheaters!" but...the JWT's are what like $350?

I'm kinda treading on thin ice, but do chime in people if Im wrong.
After seeing this on Lou's car I contacted status elite about them not having images of there intakes installed in a 370z on there website or pricing. This was months ago. They sent me the pricing for the intakes and said they were working on the site. I even posted a thread asking if anyone had numbers on those intakes. There was no response from anyone.

I liked the wet black stacks on Lou's but was hesitant about getting them without more info. I also wondered myself why Lou did'nt post any numbers for those intakes. I remember a reading where the differences between the JWT intake were explained in a fashion that made the status elite stacks seem so much better the the JWT. They look nice.

I maybe the wrong person to comment about buying things without dyno numbers cause I just bought an exaust without dyno numbers on just testimony and sound. But even that was more info that was available on these stacks. Thanks to diversion for the post. Lets see what happens next.
tonmed123 is offline   Reply With Quote