View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 01:29 PM   #51 (permalink)
mjohn617
Base Member

Drives: 2014 Lexus ES350UL
mjohn617 has a reputation beyond reputemjohn617 has a reputation beyond reputemjohn617 has a reputation beyond reputemjohn617 has a reputation beyond reputemjohn617 has a reputation beyond reputemjohn617 has a reputation beyond reputemjohn617 has a reputation beyond reputemjohn617 has a reputation beyond reputemjohn617 has a reputation beyond reputemjohn617 has a reputation beyond reputemjohn617 has a reputation beyond repute
Angry

So I guess I’m not out of this yet. It has been around a month since the repairs so I decided to wax the parts that had been replaced. To my wonderful surprise I am looking at the black section....WHITE SPECS!!! I grabbed my camera and took some macro shots and sure enough there is Pearl White paint shining from every tiny rock chip...Mother &#$^ERS! I immediately sent my pictures in with an e-mail to the manager asking what hell was up with this. He emails me back saying that they do not warranty again rock chips...now I’m pissed!!! I called him directly and had a long conversation. He proposed a new fix...remove the bumper, paint another coat of black and install a clear bra....WHAT!!! I was so mad at this point I was trying to keep my cool and not start yelling. I began pointing back to the fact that....

1) The original bumper was sprayed all white...car was taken home and then returned for one more week to correct.

2) The manager made a proposal to remove white paint before painting black and DIDN"T...I feel I was lied to...

3) The paint schematic, provided from Nissan was not followed, actually not even researched until receiving the second bumper.

4) I am now in a bad situation because I have no more trust or confidence that this will be done correctly. And I can't really go anywhere else without a lawsuit and a third party.

5) Its not even about a warranty, I had been patient and willing to compromise, in return I was lied to! I was given damaged goods in the first place...you can't warranty that!

The Manager's very first proposal one month ago was to either replace the entire section or REMOVE the paint from the center section and paint black. At that time we were both under the impression that the center section was black plastic, not paint. My opt was to replace, the manager agreed...kind of have to with black plastic.

The bumper comes a week later we and find out that it is primer grey (why didn't they call and find out in the first place?). I agree in not using a brand new piece and stick the original piece, REMOVING the white center section and painting black.

After a week the manager guarantee’s the work will be done by the following Monday. I also explained that I will be going on a one week expedition through Death Valley on that Tuesday; he assured me it would be ready and everything should work out. Monday comes, no car, Tuesday, no car, Thursday we are in the middle of no where...no cell phone reception...middle of Death Valley...car will have to wait.

We get back from our trip, pick the car....looks great...couple noise's here and there with the under carriage, I went through and identified and fixed.

1,000miles later, white rock chips, and he's telling me it's not under warranty!!

So the manager I think got his head together and realized there is a pretty good case developing and says that he will order a new bumper and have it done right. He also says his parts manager is on vacation till next week...seems to me he is trying to buy time...who else is ordering parts for that week?

mjohn617 is offline   Reply With Quote