Thread: Back up camera
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 09:27 AM   #33 (permalink)
Svre46
Base Member

Drives: 15' GTR
Svre46 has a reputation beyond reputeSvre46 has a reputation beyond reputeSvre46 has a reputation beyond reputeSvre46 has a reputation beyond reputeSvre46 has a reputation beyond reputeSvre46 has a reputation beyond reputeSvre46 has a reputation beyond reputeSvre46 has a reputation beyond reputeSvre46 has a reputation beyond reputeSvre46 has a reputation beyond reputeSvre46 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayl View Post
so I have 3 wires total from this camera...

blk goes to ground.. I extended the red with another 22AWG wire and its connected to contant power...and one rca will connect to the rca port on the NAV.

I am trying to understand how does the nav know when to switch the input to the camera?
Jay1

You want to connect the camera to your positive reverse light wire so that it is ONLY on when you are in reverse. You will then parallel + or - trigger to your radio. It should have a wire for reverse input. Mine is a pioneer and they let you do either a positive or negative trigger. I set it to positive and just paralleled another wire from my reverse lights where the camera's positive lead connected on the tail light harness.
Svre46 is offline   Reply With Quote