View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 03:59 PM   #32 (permalink)
11Thumper
Track Member

Drives: '11 370Z, '01 S2k
11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future11Thumper has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyZ4U2C View Post
Warranty work is done at less of a cost vs a normal repair where warranty prices are not used, the Manufacturing company pays lower labor and the part is paid at warranty cost without the markup, sure it is part of doing business, but dealers do not rely on just warranty work, the point here is, If you dont service through a dealer and only bring warranty work, the dealer most likely wont stand behind you. period! I should know, I do work for a warranty claims center lol
So you work for a warranty claims center and the dealer tells you "It would normally be $10,000 but since it's warranty work, we can't screw the manufacture. Let's say an even $3,000 for the job, ok Jimmy"? What first hand knowledge do you have of the actual price delta charged since you only see one side of it?

Warranty work is the bread & butter of a dealer. Most folks find a cheaper mechanic when out of warranty or do it on their own. If what you say is in-fact true, the dealers wouldn't make a profit. I think it has more to do with car reliability ratings, hence why claims can sometimes be a battle to get justified.
11Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote