View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 04:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Diversion
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z Silver/Persi
Diversion has a reputation beyond reputeDiversion has a reputation beyond reputeDiversion has a reputation beyond reputeDiversion has a reputation beyond reputeDiversion has a reputation beyond reputeDiversion has a reputation beyond reputeDiversion has a reputation beyond reputeDiversion has a reputation beyond reputeDiversion has a reputation beyond reputeDiversion has a reputation beyond reputeDiversion has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Diversion
Default Status Elite Intakes, Yes I own $800 short rams

I bought the Status Elite intakes from another member who ended up having to sell their 370Z due to a job relocation.

They are the 04/22 (4th out of 22 total made sets, lol)

They were brand new, the box was never opened. With that being said, I consider myself the original owner of these intakes. The install problems are indicated below. After the install they look pretty nice and fit well enough. They are a bit better than the JWT Pop Chargers for the fact the intake pipes extend all the way to the throttlebodies. Worth $800 for plain old polished stainless steel pipes and regular K&N-style filters? NO WAY. My recommendation would be to spend your money on the Stillen Gen3 CAIs.

After installing, I ended up sending an e-mail to Status Elite about their product:

"Hi,

I just installed a pair of your intakes onto my 370Z and noticed a few things:

1) You only included 2 clamps instead of 4 for the tops of the intakes (the coupler part). So I could only clamp down the part that connects to the throttlebody, but you didn't give me the other 2 clamps for the other side of the coupler for the intake side.

2) Looking down into the engine bay, the left side intake filter makes contact with the power steering reservior.

3) You included a bracket, but I have no idea what to use it on or for? Is this for the power steering rubbing issue?

4) The filters were a huge ordeal to get to stay clamped onto the intakes.. If you clamped them too tight, they would pop off, clamp them too little, they move too much. I had to use some rubbing alcohol to clean the rubber that makes contact with the intakes because they felt as if some oil was rubbed on them. This helped a little but not quite. I had to fiddle with the clamp and use the right positioning to get the clamp to work well with the filters.

A suggestion here would perhaps use a wider filter clamp.

So, could you send me my 2 missing clamps for the rubber couplers? And could you tell me what the bracket you included is intended for?

My address is:

Jay XXXXX
XXXXXXX
Jacksonville, Florida
XXXXX

Lastly, packing in some instructions or "tips" would help a lot too! For $800, I expected a more thought-out package. On the plus side, the intakes were packaged very well in the box and I appreciate that.

Thanks in advance,

Jay"

I'll let you know the outcome.

And now the pics... Forgive the low quality, took them with my iPhone 3GS, actually they look pretty good for a phone, hmm.

And this is showing how the filter touches the power steering reservior.. but apparently the bracket I have moves the reservior a little over to the left..

Last edited by Diversion; 07-08-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Diversion is offline   Reply With Quote