View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 11:42 AM   #21 (permalink)
MyZ4U2C
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 40th Z #51, 15 FozXT
MyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
That's not right! Warranty work is charged to the manufacturer at full cost (labour & parts). My local GM dealewrship absolutely loves warranty work. They make the most profit on it. Now the Manufacturer.... they are the big losers.

Well, I think this is becoming a pointless argument, what my original point was is that dealers love to help loyal customers and they are not as inclined to help with unloyal customers and will make it a lot tougher for a unloyal customer vs a loyal customer. I choose to agree to disagree on labor rates and parts as I know on my side that the parts and labor are performed at a lower rate vs a out of warranty repair