View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 11:24 AM   #19 (permalink)
MyZ4U2C
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 40th Z #51, 15 FozXT
MyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond reputeMyZ4U2C has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
It's been my experience (25 years) that dealers are quite happy to get money from where ever they can. Loyalty, while on the surface "looks" important, is not the be-all/end-all of business practices. Especially when dealers charge outrageous prices for their services. People stay away from them. So warranty work can, and is, the bread & butter of a lot of dealership service departments.
Warranty work is done at less of a cost vs a normal repair where warranty prices are not used, the Manufacturing company pays lower labor and the part is paid at warranty cost without the markup, sure it is part of doing business, but dealers do not rely on just warranty work, the point here is, If you dont service through a dealer and only bring warranty work, the dealer most likely wont stand behind you. period! I should know, I do work for a warranty claims center lol