View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 11:16 AM   #18 (permalink)
6MT
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Reliant Robin
6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyZ4U2C View Post
Believe me, Dealers do not like to help customers who dont service through their dealer..why would they? When I talk to Service Managers the first thing that usually comes up is the customers loyalty to the dealer and I may push to help some customers but the dealer plays a part in assistance and I am talking about customers who call in when they are out of warranty looking for help or were denied warranty due to lack of maintaining vehicle, the dealer is going to push for a customer who is loyal vs someone who doesnt service through them and all receipts for oil changes ect will be needed, If you are not loyal and use aftermarket parts and IRF's you are going to have a much harder time.
It's been my experience (25 years) that dealers are quite happy to get money from where ever they can. Loyalty, while on the surface "looks" important, is not the be-all/end-all of business practices. Especially when dealers charge outrageous prices for their services. People stay away from them. So warranty work can, and is, the bread & butter of a lot of dealership service departments.

2009 370Z Sport/Touring 6MT sold
2013 Honda Civic Si coupe D/D
6MT is offline   Reply With Quote