View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 11:10 AM   #1711 (permalink)
FromG2Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '12 5.0, kona, 6MT
FromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to beholdFromG2Z is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytheman View Post
Hey man, did you use a tripod for those shots, or perhaps an image stablilizing lens?? I'm thinking about getting the NikonD60 after seeing your shots.
hey Happy... no, I did not use a tripod for those shots. I do sometimes, but mostly when I take night shots. I want to try to take HDR photos... where I take photos at EV -2, 0, and +2 then blend them all. But to answer your question, the Nikon D60 I got did come with the VR lens, which has a built in stabilizer I believe. The camera just rocks...I stand by my statement that it ain't me with the skills... it's the camera. I just make sure I have nice angles and lighting. I am sure you can get the same results with a Canon EOS too. But I am just a fan of Nikon.

You know what the SAD part is? I've had the camera for almost 2 years, and never really started shooting in RAW mode till recently. I don't know WHY I waited this long to shoot it that way. The difference in pic clarity/quality/and *pop* compared to Jpegs is NIGHT and DAY. I will only shoot in jpeg mode in those instances where I don't really care about the shots The best part about the digital age, Data is essentially free. No wasting of film.... SHOOT AWAY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
G2Z has some secret DSLR camera and uses RAW files to upload.

LOL Ken.... I wish I could take all the credit, but I'm no expert, nor do I claim to be.... it's all the camera. You can buy a nice point and shoot for what, 250? You can get into a DSLR for like 350 - 450 or so? Even in full auto mode, the DSLR shoots wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better pics than the point and shoot. First time I loaded the pics on my PC in RAW mode, I thought to myself, "Damn... I take THAT good a shot?!?!?!"

So yeah, it's not a secret camera just go out and buy ANY dslr camera... amazing stuff. I have so much fun shooting pics now. I want a new lens with a diff't range. Maybe for father's day?
2012 5.0 GT Prem, Kona Blue, 6MT, HID, Brembo, 3.73 -- Ordered: 9/20/11, Born on: 10/20/11, Delivered 11/15/11"Marilyn" GT500 mufflers/flaps, MGW shifter, FRPP K springs, BMR panhard bar, Boss coil covers, 3DC spoiler, Llumar Tint (35% and 20%), 3M ClearBra