View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 11:09 AM   #24 (permalink)
houkouonchi
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '14 GT-R '10 M6 370z
houkouonchi has a spectacular aura abouthoukouonchi has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonp View Post
Why does anyone look away from a car they are following?
I know... Unless you are about to change lanes or something and need to look over your shoulder how does this happen? Was the OP *gasp* looking at the girlfriend while talking to her?

I only thought this happened in the movies (and I wanna yell at the actors look forward why you are F*cking driving!) but my dad said he saw one of his coworkers doing this in real life. Like wtf?

So you almost rear-end someone because you weren't looking forward and its almost a 'freak' accident???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleLion View Post
One thing to consider. If you brake full force and try to turn, you won't. That's massive understeer. Fortunately you have a car that really stops amazingly. Last month in my HPD course, we got the cars up to 60 and then full brakes. The Z stopped in less than 3 car lengths. Whew.
Uh... Isn't that the whole reason we have ABS now? I could be mistaken but I thought that was one of the big reasons for ABS... so you can actually still maneuver/turn the car when doing full breaking?

Last edited by houkouonchi; 05-05-2011 at 11:11 AM.
houkouonchi is offline   Reply With Quote