View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 11:02 AM   #15 (permalink)
6MT
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Reliant Robin
6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyZ4U2C View Post
Keep in mind if you use aftermarket filters and the engine goes bad, it makes it easier to point out that the filter used caused the damage, thus voiding the warranty, I work for a warranty service center for a crappy American car company and I have spoken with dealers who will say the aftermarket filter caused sludge buildup or dirt to get in from a aftermarket air filter, basically..dealers are not going to go to bat for you if you dont service with them and just take the car in to try and get warranty work done, they hate it. However if you just use their parts and do routine services they will stand behind you, If you dont go to them for work, then they are going to find reasons to not help vs if you are a good customer they will stand by you. Usually the warranty service center is going to stand by what the dealers diagnosis is
I'm not sure what "crappy" American company you work for. But, many of my customers are Manufacturer Dealers (ie: GM, Ford, Honda, etc.). To them, warranty work is where they make their money in their service bays. If it wasn't for the warranty work, their service departmants would be out of business. And it has happened that some have closed their service bays because they aren't getting enough warranty work. So I'm not sure your explanation above holds water with a lot of dealers.

2009 370Z Sport/Touring 6MT sold
2013 Honda Civic Si coupe D/D
6MT is offline   Reply With Quote