View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 09:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
6MT
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Reliant Robin
6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeSemdyZee View Post
Man, if you could find that ruling, I'd love a link to it. I'm kind of a d*** and like to shove a paper in someone's face when they're trying to throw b.s. in my face.

It cracks me up that they try to make people think that they make their own filters and oil. They don't even make all of the moving parts in their cars. No one does anymore.
I just found it. It's called the "Magnuson-Moss Warranty Improvement Act". As a result of a US Supreme court ruling, the Federal Trade Commission wrote and Congress passed this act. Which forbids a manufacturer from claiming that a vehicle's warranty would be void if anything other than the OEM filter is used during the warranty period. If the manufacturer makes such a claim, they are violating federal laws and are subject to "action" from federal authorities.

Hope this helps.

2009 370Z Sport/Touring 6MT sold
2013 Honda Civic Si coupe D/D
6MT is offline   Reply With Quote