View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 07:19 AM   #15 (permalink)
Jjaden
Track Member

Drives: 370Z/MAT SILVER/6MT
Jjaden has a spectacular aura aboutJjaden has a spectacular aura about

Ugh, well I'm glad I made this thread prior to commencing on the project rather than just 'unveiling' a CF car and having all these problems down the road.

Realistically my budget was around 10-15k for the entire car, so I would have fallen short if a realistic cost estimate is over 20k.

@ Phelan, I was unaware that CF turns crappy in sunlight. My goal was to clear coat it, and then basically clear bra the entire car, but I don't suppose that would help much would it? I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.

The car would be a garage car, and off the road in total darkness for 6 months every winter, would this remove the possibility of clouding?

I would have had one company do all the work to maintain consistency in style and quality of weave rather than just buying parts from different companies, but I'm going to have to rethink this project.

If I were to have each part wrapped in CF as opposed to fabricating new panels out of CF, I would still have all of these issues wouldn't I?

While I would still be interested in this route if it solved some of the issues, living in Canada I'm not interested in shipping body parts out one at a time and having them shipped back for the entire car, if there was a local guy I could consider it.

I really appreciate all of the feedback guys, this is the kind of thread I was hoping for so I could see the flaws with the project, and try to think of possible solutions and eventually green light the project or scrap it based on what feedback I get.

This is really a damn shame because the girlfriend just hopped on board to buy me a full custom CF front bumper for my brithday to jumpstart the project .

Last edited by Jjaden; 05-05-2011 at 07:22 AM.
Jjaden is offline   Reply With Quote