View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 07:48 PM   #61 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamu View Post
I don't think so. I had ice mode into first turns with no heat in brakes, had ice mode mid session and late session. My brakes are Brembo competition calipers with huge floating rotors. No over heating.

No balance issue when we disconnected abs. Nothing but solid pedal and awesome braking force.

I had same ice issues with sport brakes, sport rotors and stop tech pads. Used only good Motul fluid and stainless lines. Pedal to the floor and no brake force

I'm still going to try to hook up abs and work on things but honestly my system without abs is balanced and takes a lot to get wheel lock up.

And I still say car and driver experienced ice mode regarless of what was reported.
You likely changed the brake balance when installing the competition calipers to something that made sense for a non-abs race setup, however you seriously would have upset the ABS controller by altering the stock brake bias. In a sense you caused the ice-mode yourself by shifting the braking bias to something the ABS computer isn't programmed to handle.

With the stock setup if your pedal went to the floor then it was hydraulic brake fade due to overheating the caliper and boiling the fluid. I experienced that with the stock setup as well.