View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 12:32 PM   #17 (permalink)
Caravanshaka
I shake Caravans

Drives: everyone crazy
Caravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond reputeCaravanshaka has a reputation beyond repute

I had a 1990 240sx all through high school, bought it foor $1,900, did an SR20det, full suspension, C-west body, all on my own dime and did my own work. I LOVED that car until the day the emissions laws changed where I lived and I had to sell it :angry:

Since graduating college, I've had an '04 Z touring roadster, and now the '09 370z.

My favorite is of course the 370, but my second favorite would have to be the 240!

the 240 is fairly lightweight, really close to 50/50 weight ratio, RWD, and has decent power in stock form. that in itself can make the car a blast to drive. Through in an SR20 or RB20 and you have a fantastic ride for less than 5k. The problem is you are in a car that most likely has over 100k miles, so there are going to be routine fixes you'll have to make. I had a few things like starter and fuel pump go bad on me, but it is a nissan so you shouldn't have too much trouble.

My opinion would be get an S13/180sx/240sx and enjoy it in stock form while you save money for your Z. If you feel you need more power then do the Sr20 swap yourself, it isn't too hard and saves you a bunch of cash.
Caravanshaka is offline   Reply With Quote