View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 11:44 AM   #28 (permalink)
Mr&Mrs
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: RZ34
Mr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z eliminator View Post
The 4.08 's work great with my 7 AT. 1/8 mile in 8.01 seconds, the 1/4 in 12.42 @114.3. Im turning 6000 rpm in 5th.
The diference in rpm is aprox, 700 to 800 rpm more and fuel consuption goes from 37.5 to 31.5 mpg.
2nd gear is the gear of punishment as the car just screams. Now hold the gas and brake at 2200 rpm and launch the car . It becomes a cruise missle. I shift at 7800 to 7900 rpm.
3rd gear is also very powerful and fast.
I think he meant 27/21. Z since you seem to be the only 7AT to chime in on this I would benefit asking you some more direct questions.

How has your SRM been effected?
What is your RPM's at 80 considering this is my average speed in the interstate.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnaut View Post
Ok , you will lose cruise control with and auto on these gears, top speed not so much as i have gone 167 with limiter removed. i usually charge about 1100$ for the gears installed so this will help you to have an idea on cost. The SRM will be off about 300ish rpm. I have had the SRM shut down from time to time doing high speed runs , typically 120+ speed. I have not installed the gears on an auto yet, but i do know the carrier is different from the auto to manual. So i can to be sure the these gears will bolt to an auto carrier. to be sure you will need to find a manual diff from a 370 or later model 350. I have heard that the diff from the 350s will fit but the pinion flange is different, so that will have to be swapped, no big deal. The gears will make a HUGE difference !!
Also if you need the gears let me know as i can get them at a great price!!
J would you be willing to source all the parts I need to get this done on my 7AT?

Thanks everyone has been given rep that has helped me!