View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 11:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
Mr&Mrs
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: RZ34
Mr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond reputeMr&Mrs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper42 View Post
I got the rear bumper off and the new one test fitted. You dont NEED to jack the car up and remove the rear wheels. It technically makes it easier, but if you have your gf around to hold a flashlight for you, and you can fit underneath your car from the rear, you can do it without the hassle of jacking the car and removing rear rims. I did it with ease. Ordering vinyl wrap material today, hopefully the car will be back together in a week or two!
I dont think I ever said you had to remove the rear tires, just the wheel well liner.

The reason I say do that is the extra 15 minutes it takes to jack up the car and remove two wheels can probably save you 30 minutes of fighting around a tire. Also if the car is lowered and the wheels are tucked it would be even more difficult.

I have learned in the past from doing a lot of work on heavy equipment not to be afraid of removing things to get extra space to work in. It makes jobs sooooo much easier.

Removing the wheels a hassle????? Dude you just took the entire rear bumper off of the car! Look at everything else you had to take out to do that lol!

Anyway im glad you got it but I really do suggest to anyone else to take the extra time removing the wheels.