View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 12:52 AM   #28 (permalink)
Dembflyr
Track Member

Drives: G37S Sedan
Dembflyr is a name known to allDembflyr is a name known to allDembflyr is a name known to allDembflyr is a name known to allDembflyr is a name known to allDembflyr is a name known to all

Ok, so I got home tonight and I just couldnt go to sleep so I decided to try one more time to get the upper O2 sensors out of the factory headers.
A bit of PB Balster and by working them back and forth, I was able to get them out.
The threads are a bit gnarled up but I think they can be saved. They still thread into the down pipes no problem but Sam suggested that I clean the threads up a bit with a die.
I ordered a M18x 1.5 spindle thread repair die on snapon.com for $13 shipped.
If this works I'm gonna be a happy dude.
Those fricken sensors are $500 EACH!! from the dealer. I did find them for $350 each from Z1 but hopefully I won't need to spend the money.

Also, I was looking at my down pipes and trying to see how they would mate up to my Berk exhaust. The only way that I could see it working was if I used smaller bolts. That didn't seem like the best way to go either so again Sam made another great suggestion.
He said that I could have a shop weld a 3" flange onto my Berk X pipe.
I don't know why I didnt think of that but it's a hell of a lot cheaper then buying a 3" exhaust. I love how my Berk sounds and don't want any drone so a 3" exhaust isn't an option for me.

One last thing, I need to say a huge thank you to Sam. Even as busy as he is, he always takes the time to answer all of my questions. It seems that these days customer service is a lost art to most companys. Not at GTM!
I have bothered him countless times and I'm sure I am not any where near done bothering him and he has always been a absolute professional with me.

Time for some sleep. I am getting up early tomorrow to get some more work done before I have to leave again on Thursday.
I am hoping to be able to get at least one turbo mounted tomorrow.

2009-6MT-Sport/Touring-Dembflyr's Journal-TT Build Thread-CAR IS SOLD
Dembflyr is offline   Reply With Quote