View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 11:52 PM   #27 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnaut View Post
Ok , you will lose cruise control with and auto on these gears, top speed not so much as i have gone 167 with limiter removed. i usually charge about 1100$ for the gears installed so this will help you to have an idea on cost. The SRM will be off about 300ish rpm. I have had the SRM shut down from time to time doing high speed runs , typically 120+ speed. I have not installed the gears on an auto yet, but i do know the carrier is different from the auto to manual. So i can to be sure the these gears will bolt to an auto carrier. to be sure you will need to find a manual diff from a 370 or later model 350. I have heard that the diff from the 350s will fit but the pinion flange is different, so that will have to be swapped, no big deal. The gears will make a HUGE difference !!
Also if you need the gears let me know as i can get them at a great price!!

Jnaut, I have a quick ? regarding the 4:08s.

Our car will be seeing it's share of HPDE track days. Obviously the gears are a big improvement for drag racing, what would be the pros and cons for track use? I've gotten conflicting opinions on the gears for track use. Thanks.
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote