View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 10:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KusoSama View Post
HEHE! I'll read the rest of it to see what they've experienced but that's actually part of the reason I spawned this alternative thread to track my experience with a swap from 3.69 to 3.54.

Thankfully my exhaust system mods have already netted gains in low end response so I possibly will feel closer to stock on low end.

I'll be happy to post all of my experiences though if any of you are interested.

You are more than welcome to do whatever you like to your car, but there is honestly no reason to move to a lower gear ratio. A lot of FI guys do it because they think they need traction, but that is absolutely misguided. The Z needs shorter gear from the factory, not taller ones.
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote